The Rumpus is looking for an Assistant Poetry Editor! Gain hands-on knowledge of the editing and publishing processes by working closely with a long-time Rumpus editor, and help to grow our Poetry section.
- Read Submittable submissions and determine appropriateness for site
- Read unsolicited email submissions and determine appropriateness for site
- Copyedit final drafts and set them up in WordPress
- Solicit poetry pieces, reviews, and poems as requested by the Poetry Editor
- Assist Poetry Editor with additional tasks as needed
We’re seeking applicants with a love of poetry alongside some prior experience, especially working with WordPress and Submittable, and a familiarity with our content and tone. The right person will be able to commit approximately 5-10 hours a week. Please note that all Rumpus editors work on a volunteer basis.
If you are interested, please email poetry AT the rumpus.net with a resume and couple of sentences about why you’d like to work with The Rumpus. Make sure to also tell us a bit about yourself, your availability, and your relationship with poetry. We’d love to hear from you!