The PEN Center USA’s Emerging Voices Fellowship is open for applications through August 1.
PEN America has announced the opening of the 2019 Emerging Voices Fellowship application. The Emerging Voices Fellowship is a literary mentorship that aims to provide underrepresented writers who are isolated from the literary establishment with the tools, skills, and knowledge they need to launch a professional writing career.
Five fellows will receive a stipend of $1000 along with:
- Guidance from a professional mentor and written notes on their current writing project.
- Writing life and craft tips from notable visiting authors.
- UCLA Extension Writers’ Program classes.
- Genre specific master classes.
- Insider knowledge of publishing from agents, publishers, and editors.
- An individualized submission guide.
- A professional voice class with voice actor Dave Thomas.
- Public reading experience at three events.
- Digital media and professionalization training.
The application is open now until August 1, 2018. Learn more at pen.org/emerging-voices-fellowship/.