The Rumpus is looking for an Assistant Interviews Editor! Gain hands-on knowledge of the editing and publishing processes by working closely with a Rumpus editor.
- Read Submittable submissions and determine appropriateness for site
- Read unsolicited submissions and determine appropriateness for site (chosen at Interviews Editor’s discretion)
- Copyedit final drafts of interviews, and set them up in WordPress
- Research and find interesting interview subjects for Interviews Editor to consider for site
- Conduct interviews for the site, as desired
- Assist Interviews Editor with tasks as needed
We’re seeking applicants with some prior experience, especially working with WordPress and Submittable, and a familiarity with our content and tone, who can commit approximately 5-10 hours a week. This is a volunteer position.
If you are interested, please email melissa AT the rumpus.net with a resume and couple of sentences about why you’d like to work at The Rumpus. Make sure to also tell us a bit about yourself, and give us your availability. We’d love to hear from you!