It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it… and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied… and it is all one.
–M. F. K. Fisher
- The Gastronomical Me by M. F. K. Fisher
- Blue Plate Special by Kate Christensen
- The Language of Baklava by Diana Abu-Jaber
- Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen by Laurie Colwin
- Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson with Veronica Chambers
- Shark’s Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China by Fuchsia Dunlop
- Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
Support your favorite independent bookseller or shop:
Original logo art by Esme Blegvad.