Not a one of these is a “beach read,” though I read many of them on the beach. Every one of these novels and short story collections transported me deeper into myself. Every one of these books excited me and made me hungry to live more, love more, think more, feel more, give more. What else could you want from a book than to make you want your own life more than you ever have?
- Weekend by Jane Eaton Hamilton
- Transitory by Tobias Carroll
- The Lost Girls by Heather Young
- Arcade by Drew Smith
- The Art of Waiting by Belle Boggs
- Every Kind of Wanting by Gina Frangello
- This Angel on My Chest by Leslie Pietrzyk
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Intimations by Alexandra Kleeman
- The Story of a Brief Marriage by Anuk Arudpragasam
Support your favorite independent bookseller or shop:
Original logo art by Esme Blegvad.